Thursday, May 17, 2012

Miserable Together

The doctor said that Samantha would probably start feeling better in 48 hours. Well, that was 48 hours ago. As of yesterday, her runny nose had gotten worse and the cough is terrible. When she coughs it sounds like she hacking and will vomit (she hasn't). Daddy also noticed a slight rash on her lower back this morning. We called the doctor again and had an appointment within an hour and a half: her ear is starting to look a lot better, the drainage is from her body "washing" out the infection, which gives her a post-nasal drip, hence the cough. As for the rash, Dr. Lam was worried it was an allergic reaction  to the antibiotic, turned out to be some sort of external irritant. I figured since nothing has changed (ie. soaps) and we haven't gone anywhere, it is most likely from the jogging stroller when walked about an hour yesterday in the heat. All our problems are solved...? But poor Sammie is still miserable! She cried in the bath and she cried before bed. She wakes up randomly and cries. We're trying to make her as comfortable as possible. Since she's hot, Daddy lowered the temperature in the house like he's freezing us out and I gave her my pillow to elevate her head to help with breathing and drainage. I have also been giving her a [baby] spoonful of honey to ease her throat and cough. I hope these simple solutions help and she get lots of rest tonight and feels better in the morning! She has some leftover chocolate chip pancakes from this morning that she didn't gobble up like usual. 
A pharmacy tech in training? I hope not.
First night on a big pillow in her bed.
 As for me and my aching back: holding Sammie almost all day this week doesn't help, but the stretches and ice pack at night do. Today was rough and I feel sore! I'm sure it's nothing compared to how Sams' is feeling. I'm glad that if I was going to hurt my back this bad and Sammie was going to get this sick, at least it could be at the same time so we can be miserable together.

No comments:

Post a Comment