Friday, May 11, 2012

Mama "Hourt"

Mama's been in a lot of pain since yesterday. I must have twisted my back or pulled something while running with Samantha in arms during the rain or rushing to get her buckled. Sammie's been a big help by giving lots of hugs and kisses, putting an ice pack on my back, helping me get my pants off, put away and go potty (Hey! What are daughters for, right?!) She's been a trooper getting in and out of the tub with just a little shoulder to hold onto and climbing up on my knee to climb up to her changing table. Last night was the worst: I couldn't hold her at all, so Dada had to put her to bed. On top of this it stormed and she was scared and confused. She kept waking up upset. I finally went in, told her to lie down and I explained "Mama can't hold you, so Dada was putting you to bed" and went on about the thunder, yadda yadda. I rubbed her back until my back couldn't take it and I went and rocked in the chair. She fell asleep almost immediately. It was nice this morning that I could pick her up, but was still in SO much horrible pain. Needless to say, I skipped work and Grandma still took care of Sammie; she and Nate had a blast finger painting! I love the green eye she got.
PS~ Grandma gave me her painting for Mother's Day and it looks like a flower! Daddy says of course that's what mamas see.
Ice packing Mama's back.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment