Samantha hasn't been climbing since she's learned how to walk, which is nice because we don't have to worry about her falling off random toys or being curious about getting out of the crib, possibly hurting herself. However, she has recently gotten in this new phase of climbing
in and out of things. It all started with the toy crate and, sometimes, she tries to lift a leg to get in to the tub. However, the past couple of days she's been interested in climbing in and out of the laundry hamper and going from the changing table
into the crib, I watched her do it this morning, but didn't congratulate her so she wouldn't feel proud to do it repeatedly. After, when she tried to go from the crib up to the changing table, I gave her a big "No. No." The last thing we need is for her to climb up to the changing table and fall -- eeeek, I shudder to think!
 |
| Climbing in and getting out of clean clothes. |
 |
| Reading Spanish to the babies. |
This afternoon we dropped the last 500 ounces of Mommy Milk to the milk bank. We are sad to stop being able to donate, but will find other ways to help the tiny babies.
 |
| Bwaaaaa |
After the milk drop- off, we all went to fly kites. It wasn't very windy, but it was fun anyway.
 |
| Mommy, I think Daddy's frustrated with the kite. |
 |
| Daddy! Mommy's flying a kite! |
It was so sweet: Tonight, during our bedtime routine, I kissed Sammie my goodnights while holding her and then she leaned toward the crib to get in. As I went to put her in, picture her rolling off of my arms, she waved at me. This has happened once before, but tonight it seemed very sweet, maybe because I know she meant it. 'Night Mommy, see you in the morning'. At least thats how I read it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment