When we went to the pedi for Sammie's 9 month appointment, I told Dr. Sperling that I was trying to teach Samantha "belly" and she laughed saying that that was for 18-month olds. Well, I don't know why seeing as Sammie can turn off the lights (-- I didn't back talk the doc). Anyhoo, this morning during breakfast I asked Sammie where her belly was and she tapped it with both hands like we had previously practiced. I asked her where her tongue is and to show me and she stuck her tongue out. We have been over these tricks for months and during dinner last night. But she really wow'd me by doing something we hadn't gone over in a while: I asked her where "Samantha" was and she tapped on her chest! Ahhh... Our Little Genius! Who said you can't teach a 9 1/2 month old monkey new tricks?!
Oh, and she understands how the sliding kitchen door works. She just doesn't have the power to actually slide it open. In any case, we'd better keep it locked.
No comments:
Post a Comment