Turning two was like flicking a light switch on overnight and I refuse to use the term "terrible two's" because putting such a negative connotation on it seems to justify it and make it worse. I know Samantha is just feeling different about all these new emotions and experiences that she can do, but I still wonder how my sweet-sweet angel just turns crazy in a blink of an eye for only about 1 minute and then giggle. Now that things have been back to normal for a few days, Sammie has been her good ol' self, but some moments she just gets upset and cries without even hearing you our. She doesn't necessarily throw a fit and flop around on the floor, but she is just genuinely upset. She'll cry if she bumps something, she'll cry if you touch her wrong especially her arm if you're trying to correct her, she'll cry if you try to pick her up and she wants to walk, etc. All in all, we need to remember to be PATIENT and let her feel it out. I don't think we're quite dealing with hormones yet, but when we do, Ugh Oh! Look Out! And look out when we take the pacifier away. She's already become too attached! I'm regretting not doing this a few months ago, at the least.
On another note: Samantha is starting to understand the question "Why?" This morning during breakfast she complained that her knee hurt, I asked her, "Why does your leg hurt?" and her response was "Because I sat on the buckle."
Besides finally learning how to answer the question 'why?', a couple of her main questions are "What's that?" and "Who's that?" (which she points to strangers in the store). Ahh, that's our girl, always thinking and wanting to know more!
Andrew does some of the same things. It’s a form of communication and trying to show who is boss. He doesn’t always know why he is doing but I know. Andrew has less words then Sammie…she is a girl! LOL So he will take you by the hand to show what he wants. When you say maybe later he will “flop on the floor” or if I ask him to wait. He will bring me his shoes to go outside or leave but we’re not going anywhere! Then he will lie on the floor and cry. When he’s finished eating he will try to throw his plate on the table/off the high chair. (One reason we don’t take him to out to eat.) He also likes to run and “slide” (which is not sliding --thanks Dominic) to show when he’s having fun. It’s a world of emotions for them! They will both get easier but then harder…when she has even more word, you will get stuff like “that makes me sad”, “I’m frustrated”, “this is terrible”, “it’s disgusting”, “You let me do it last time, why can’t I do it now”, “mom said”, “daddy said” … phases from a 4yr old! And the stories they come ups with…man oh man.
ReplyDelete