Saturday, August 11, 2012

1-2-3-Spa Day!

Dont be fooled... I wasn't at the spa all day. It was a Healthy Women's Expo at the hospital. We mostly went to socialize and get the free stuff and information ;)
Samantha loves hanging out with Marti
Samantha is an amazing lil' learner. She knows her last name and will call out everyone in the family's name: Shaler, Adrianne, Cousin Nate ("Po-tatey"), Aunt Pam, Abby dog (whom she gets confused with Whitey, RIP) and knows our last name. She will also sometimes call out Uncle Brian and Abigail ("Ahgail"). Besides knowing the family's names, she is really picking up her One-Two-Three's. She can count to Ten in such a frickin' cute way, "One, Two, Three, Four, Nine, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten... Eight." Yeah, that's just the way she says it.

With having an extended nap and a trip to the grocery, our schedule was pushed back quite a bit. Unfortunately, it was about 11:30 before she fell asleep, even though we got some good moments out of it. As I was rocking her, she got up (I thought to give Daddy another kiss) but never came back. When I finally got up to see what was going on she was snuggled in his arms on the couch, relaxed watching Classical Baby. Thinking she was tired enough to fall asleep, we put her back in bed, only to get up 15 minutes later with her crying "Poop! Potty!" Now how can I ignore that?! She calmed down when I put her on the potty, but screamed out when she started pushing. She was pooping on the potty! Long story short... She still didn't go to sleep for awhile later, but I caught this picture in the monitor around 11:00 of her sitting up reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment