Samantha has officially been potty trained! Under 2 years old in less than 2 weeks!
Today was our first outing without a diaper on and she was fantastic. Of course I brought a change of panties, shorts, shoes and even a towel for a 'just in case' moment. We had brunch with Mike, Lori, Nate and Baby Stella and Sammie pottied twice at the diner and again when we got home. If we didn't ask her I think she would have just held it. Daddy said after nap her diaper was dry (besides the poop). So, looks like she can make it through nap without peeing, but we're not risking that any time soon! This evening, we went to Lowes then Kohls, and although she kept talking about the potty in the car, which made Daddy and I nervous, when we got out she said she didn't have to go. Once we got to Kohls, she went potty when we were by the bathrooms. It was cute, the had a mini kid's size toilet, even though I still had to hold her up. When she was finished, she must have remembered what Mommy said the other day at the grocery, "Public bathrooms are yucky and we use our foot to flush", because she lifted her little leg up to that little handle and tried to kick-flush it :)
Warning! Graphic Content!
During bedtime, we had a repeat performance of the other day when she HAD to sit on the pot after 9:00. While we read books and sang, she insisted she had to poop and slid off my lap to run right into the bathroom. She sat for a long time, but she did poop two little turds and was so excited about it! I finally had to pull her off the pot at 9:45! We talked about how we have to change this new bedtime routine, although we are all so proud!
I promise one day I'll stop talking about potty training and start telling you more of what Sammie is up to, like colors. After headaches from constant corrections between green and blue, and yellow and orange, she is finally catching on and telling us all her colors. Some times it takes her a couple tries.
No comments:
Post a Comment