Saturday, July 28, 2012

Croup de Ville

Samantha was up all night from coughing, which means Mama and Daddy were, too. Oddly, I couldn't wait for the alarm to go off at 7:45 to make an appointment to find out what's going on and hope that she didn't have an ear infection. Of course, by the time the alarm went off, she was heavy snoozing. So I gently rolled her out of bed, put a diaper on her and some clothes. In trying to keep her sleepy, she was chipper-ly awake. We sneaked in to tell Daddy bye and off we went to the clinic.
[Potty Side Note: As soon as we left, she said she had to go potty, but I told her she had to hold it until we got to the office (about 20 minutes). Her diaper was dry when we got there and she pottied!]

Ok- So the nurse practitioner thought she had croup cough due to the heavybarking sound, but Sammie has no problems breathing, no fever, and has been acting normal for the most part, therefore, she decided not to give her the steroid prescription. I told the NP this is the cough she gets when she has/is getting an ear infection. She checked both of Sammie's ears and they were clear, however that can possibly change, so we need to watch if she starts getting other signs of an ear infection. So basically, Sammie isn't sick, the cough is from the stupid allergies and drainage, we need to keep taking the allergy meds, give her a pillow (I did last night), and it's ok to give lollipops/honey to soothe her throat; if she still has this cough in 2 weeks... Rugh Roh!
First lollipop at 9:00am. What a breakfast treat.
Waiting in the car for her to finish it.
Needless to say, Sammie was ready for her nap and slept for 4 hours!!! Whew. We both needed it. I got a little nap too and surprisingly, Daddy came home early. We were happy to see him!  

[Potty Side Note #2: The Girl Who Cried Potty~ About 2 minutes after pottying, she claimed she had to go again. I told her I wasn't playing that game and she was on her own to go. She marched herself to the bathroom and when I didn't hear from her for a few minutes, I checked on her. She had pooped in the pot all by herself! and I made her go alone. I'm not sure if I'm proud of her for going by herself or going poop in the pot, or if I am upset that I missed it...?]
"Say Say pooped"

No comments:

Post a Comment