Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Watchful Owl

During the night, I heard Sammie wake up. Out of habit, I got up to check on her and get her paci (I don't think I need to do this anymore, but I do)- Since she's free to roam, roaming is what she does. She got herself to one side of the crib and had kicked her rain forest crib toy ON! I felt bad turning it off and putting her back to sleep because I felt like I should have let her enjoy herself as a reward for getting it on. Oh well. Zzzz..... Awake again. I think she may have been crying this time. I tried looking for the paci and couldn't find it. As I was looking, Sammie rolled from her back to her tummy! I let her be and left the room and watched her in the monitor. Not a good position for her yet, she just wanted to keep her head face down. Back up again to roll her to her side. I wrote all this down in my book as it happened. Good thing, because when I woke up I couldn't remember if I dreamed it or if it was real.
the new breathable bumper


Tonight was Sammie's first night with rice cereal. Let's just say, it's not safe for anyone in the kitchen when feeding a baby who is in "raspberry mode".



Reading about the "watchful owl"and the other animals in A Book of Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment