I have been thinking about getting Samantha on a better sleep routine. Right now, she takes her naps in the swing, but she's at the age where sleep patterns are developing and I don't want trouble later. After many conversations with Rebecca about sleep schedules and such, I kept trying to figure out how I am going to do this, since Sammie will only nap while swinging. She suggested that I could let her fall asleep in the swing, then move her to the crib, but I knew that would wake her up. Anyway, this morning after her morning feed, I saw she was getting tired, so I gave her her paci and rocked her in her bedroom. It's very relaxing in there because we keep baby lullabies and beach sounds playing 24 hours. Within 10 minutes she was out. So I placed her in the crib and what do you know? This little active monkey just kept moving in her sleep. I had to swipe her up and swaddle her. She slept through it all and slept almost 2 hours (~9:00- 10:45). Next nap, same deal. She's still napping now... and I was worried! HA! I figure I'll get her adjusted to napping in the crib and eventually, I can cut out or cut down the rocking. I'm just curious to know when she's going to be able to sleep without that dang swaddle!
As you know, Sammie loves to be in the kitchen helping to bake, cook, clean... you name it! Here she is helping Grandma Wells make some brownies on Friday...
 |
| I'm happy to see there's no chocolate ALL over her face! |
No comments:
Post a Comment