Friday, September 2, 2011

Late Night Sunshine

This was my first week of working full time. Of my 4 shifts, I closed 3of them at 8:00pm. It made me a little sad that I wouldn't be able to put Sammie to bed, and rock and sing to her. But in a way, I sang to her tonight:
As I was on the ICU unit, there was a patient who had been in pain for a couple of days and I heard someone singing "You Are My Sunshine" to calm him. I sing this song- our special song- to Sammie about a hundred times a day, so without hesitating I started singing along, care free of who was around or who heard. It's like Mommy was singing to Sammie.  I didn't think about it until later that it was about 7:30 when I sang it which is around the time we would be doing bottle and songs.

PS- It sounded like Sammie said "kitty" this morning when looking for Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment