Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wow! What A Journey!

So, we are all happy and home now. Not getting "much" sleep, but it's more and better than what we were getting in the hospital! and way more comfortable too. Still getting adjusted to a routine.

Samantha Marie arrived October 14, 2010 7 pounds, 19 3/4 inches at 8:13am. We were expecting her to come October 13- my induction date-  but things took a little longer...

I wasn't planning on having any drugs, I was open minded to an epidural, and no c-section! Well, that's not quite how things worked out. We went in on October 13 at 6:00am and started the induction by 7:15am. By 12:30pm I was 3cm and doc broke my water. My doctor said that my labor would be "quick". Then stated that I should deliver by 6:30-7:00pm. Things were going well- no drugs, no epidural- until about 8cm, it got pretty painful. Glad I was the only patient laboring! But I got through it. I got an epidural around 9 1/2cm cause I wasn't dilating more and it was getting past midnight... I was starving and so exhausted. I slept for about 30 minutes to 1 hour to let my body do it's job and when I woke up I was at 10cm ready to push. After about 3 hours of pushing, Samantha still did not want to come out! Around 8:00am I rolled out for a c-section. She graced us at 8:13am October 14th!

.... and I can't believe our parents stuck around the WHOLE time to make sure everything went ok. We love and appreciate the grandparents so much!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new little one! We're all so glad that at the end of the day every thing worked out. I'll give you some time to get adjusted before I call.

    Love the picture of her sleeping.

    ReplyDelete