Samantha was born 7 pounds and like most newborns, she lost some weight. The hospital doesn't like to see more than a 10% weight loss and we fell at 9%, which was still ify to them. They were hesitant about letting us leave, but we agreed to feed her some formula and follow up with the pediatrician the next day. As anti-formula as I am, I didn't want my baby to be admitted to the hospital for low weight. So, we fed her the formula and brought some home to keep her healthy. We left the hospital and she was 6 pounds/ 6.2 ounces. We followed up with the pediatrician on Tuesday and she gained about 4.4 ounces which is awesome. The formula and the breast milk- that finally came in- worked!
Today I had my 1 week check up for my incision. We brought Sammie to meet the staff at the clinic. The girls just loved her. We all laughed how she just didn't want to come out. Every week when I went in for my appointments, they would all ask... "You're STILL pregnant?" Anyway, my incision looks awesome and the doctor was happy that I'm not in pain or taking pain meds. It feels nice to have those strips removed that were holding me together!
As for Daddy, he had a dentist appointment yesterday. Told you we have all been to the doctors this week :)
Even the grandmas went and got their flu shots this week. We are all good!
 |
| 1 Week/1 Day Old-zzzz |
 |
Thanks Cousin Nate for keeping me warm
|
she's so cute!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKaitlynn M.
We are all so happy that you and Sammie are doing so well! Please keep posting the photos so that Emmy and I can oooh and ahhh over how cute she is!!!! Hugs and kisses!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures... she looks a lot like you Krissy!
ReplyDelete