Monday, April 25, 2011

Mission Accomplished

We went to the GI doctor and it was our official last visit! I have solved the mystery: Sammie and I are off Oats and Rye for the next 6 months! She should outgrow the allergy, but the doc says that I can try some rye/oats and see if she is still affected by it, via breast milk, rather than feeding it directly to her.  He said that it may lessen the effect if she is still allergic.   I told him about the foods that she has been eating and how I can't help myself, but let her taste grapes, apple, avocado, watermelon, etc... and he is totally ok with it, and said that if I want to feed them to her, I can. This makes me very happy because I am ready for Sammie to start eating all sorts of foods, instead of doing the 3 day testing. I have to calm down and control myself and follow the guidelines (my way). She had her first day of peas for dinner and liked them although the smell was almost unbearable to me -bleh- What doesn't this lil' girl like?!

Warm peas please

Grandma Maria, Sammie and I went to the outlet mall after the doctor appointment and spent all day there. Everyone was so pooped when we got home, but as promised, Sammie got her swing ride by Daddy :)

Can't. Stop. Giggling.
Samantha measured 15 pounds/10 ounces and is 25 1/2 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment