Monday, April 18, 2011

A Little Sleep Goes A Long Way!

Sammie slept so well this weekend! Finally, she caught up on the rest she needed and I am very proud of her! Today was no different... even I got to take a nice 2 hour nap- Oops- I had stuff to do. This evening, Sammie started to get fussy and I wasn't sure if something was wrong, like her tummy aching, but she sure seemed tired. She was making this grunting sound that she makes when tired, so I rocked her a little and placed her in the crib. Rebecca called and as I spoke to her, I was watching the monitor and seeing Sammie roll around and move out of view. Then, as I took a second look, Sammie was just sitting there Indian-style- right IN camera view!!! I cut Rebecca off excited that Sammie sat up all ALONE! As I continue to watch, she pulled up holding on to the side of the crib! Matt was working and both times I ran in for him to see. I couldn't process the idea to get the camera to snap a photo. After Matt was off work, I placed Sammie back in the crib and he and I were discussing moving the crib mattress down so Sammie doesn't fall out and she pulled up AGAIN! What a big strong girl!!! I am convinced all this sleep was helping her develop :)

After all this strenuous activity, I took Sammie out back to play in her new kiddy pool. She was very serious, as usual about water, but we can tell she enjoyed herself.

 


 
I caught her in the act!- sitting up


I can feed myself some sweet potatoes :)




1 comment:

  1. Oh Sammie,

    Noah was excited to hear you stood up in your crib. He really wishes he could come swimming with you!!!

    ReplyDelete