Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"I Colored a Picture for Mama."

Second Day of Mother's Day Out
Samantha was a little hesitant when we got to school and tried to hide between my legs, although she did give her teacher, Ms. Jeannie, hugs when we got there, sp I let her know Grandma would come get her in a little bit, gave her some hugs and kisses and sent her back to Ms. Jeannie's way as I hurried out the door to work. I was proud that she didn't cry and I was so happy when I saw her this evening. She didn't have much to say except that she colored a picture for me. She wouldn't even teach me new signs that she learned in sign language today :/ On the other hand, I was telling Daddy that although she talks a lot and speaks very well, something about the way she spoke this evening was different. It's like she could actually piece all these different thoughts into one. When she talked to Daddy on the phone it wasn't her usual, "Daddy come home in a little bit", it was "Daddy come home, you need to eat dinner."
However, as she tossed and turned trying to get to sleep, Daddy and I watched her in the monitor, gaze to the ceiling and very serious, repeating, "I'm sorry, Amy." We are both pretty concerned about what happened today and if there is even an "Amy" at school. It's strange because Sam will usually tell us if she hit or did something bad.
She'll totally pose for a pic with back pack on, but will not wear it!

 This one's for you, Daddy! Mama and I are being silly at dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment